[SR-Users] Problem making Kamailio 3.0

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 21:42:04 CEST 2010

  Hello,

On 8/3/10 11:02 PM, Uriel Rozenbaum wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> At the risk of showing unmatched stupidity I'm asking these few questions.
>
> I've downloaded the tarball sources for Kam3.0.2, uncompressed them
> and run make on a virtual machine that used to have Kam1.5.3.
>
> I edited the CFG file to make it work with the new version but still I
> cannot make it start.
>
> I get the following module errors:
> Aug  3 17:52:49 sbcdesa kamailio: ERROR:<core>  [sr_module.c:390]:
> ERROR: load_module: could not open module
> </usr/local/lib/kamailio/modules/db_mysql.so>:
> /usr/local/lib/kamailio/modules/db_mysql.so: undefined symbol: debug
> Aug  3 17:52:49 sbcdesa kamailio: :<core>  [cfg.y:3330]: parse error
> in config file /usr/local/etc/kamailio/kamailio.cfg, line 40, column
> 12-24: failed to load module
> Aug  3 17:52:49 sbcdesa kamailio: ERROR:<core>  [sr_module.c:390]:
> ERROR: load_module: could not open module
> </usr/local/lib/kamailio/modules/carrierroute.so>:
> /usr/local/lib/kamailio/modules/carrierroute.so: undefined symbol:
> debug
> Aug  3 17:52:49 sbcdesa kamailio: :<core>  [cfg.y:3330]: parse error
> in config file /usr/local/etc/kamailio/kamailio.cfg, line 67, column
> 12-28: failed to load module
>
> In my cfg file I've set
> mpath="/usr/local/lib/kamailio/modules_k/:/usr/local/lib/kamailio/modules/"
>
> as stated on the documentation and the contents of thos folders are:
> [root at sbcdesa kamailio-3.0.2]# ls /usr/local/lib/kamailio/modules/
> acc.so            carrierroute.so  db_text.so       exec.so
> mi_fifo.so        pdt.so          rr.so        speeddial.so
> uac_redirect.so
> alias_db.so       cfg_db.so        dialog.so        group.so
> mi_rpc.so         permissions.so  rtimer.so    sqlops.so      uac.so
> auth_db.so        cfg_rpc.so       dispatcher.so    htable.so
> msilo.so          pike.so         sanity.so    sst.so
> uri_db.so
> auth_diameter.so  cfgutils.so      diversion.so     imc.so
> nathelper.so      pv.so           siptrace.so  statistics.so
> userblacklist.so
> auth.so           ctl.so           domainpolicy.so  maxfwd.so
> nat_traversal.so  qos.so          siputils.so  textops.so
> usrloc.so
> avpops.so         db_flatstore.so  domain.so        mediaproxy.so
> path.so           ratelimit.so    sl.so        tm.so          xlog.so
> benchmark.so      db_mysql.so      enum.so          mi_datagram.so
> pdb.so            registrar.so    sms.so       topoh.so
> [root at sbcdesa kamailio-3.0.2]# ls /usr/local/lib/kamailio/modules_k/
> acc.so            call_control.so  domainpolicy.so  imc.so
> nathelper.so      pua_mi.so     rtimer.so     sqlops.so        uac.so
> alias_db.so       cfgutils.so      domain.so        kex.so
> nat_traversal.so  pv.so         siptrace.so   sst.so
> uri_db.so
> auth_db.so        db_text.so       drouting.so      maxfwd.so
> [...]

iirc, there was some similar issue related to missing symbol 'log', but
cannot recall what was the fix. It does not look like a missing library.
I suggest your remove old modules from installed path, do a:

make proper

then

make include_modules="..." cfg

make all; make install

If still does not work, then use ldd on module object file to dump
symbol table and see what is missing.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com/