[SR-Users] Problem making Kamailio 3.0

Uriel Rozenbaum uriel.rozenbaum at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 23:02:39 CEST 2010

Hi guys,

At the risk of showing unmatched stupidity I'm asking these few questions.

I've downloaded the tarball sources for Kam3.0.2, uncompressed them
and run make on a virtual machine that used to have Kam1.5.3.

I edited the CFG file to make it work with the new version but still I
cannot make it start.

I get the following module errors:
Aug  3 17:52:49 sbcdesa kamailio: ERROR: <core> [sr_module.c:390]:
ERROR: load_module: could not open module
</usr/local/lib/kamailio/modules/db_mysql.so>:
/usr/local/lib/kamailio/modules/db_mysql.so: undefined symbol: debug
Aug  3 17:52:49 sbcdesa kamailio: : <core> [cfg.y:3330]: parse error
in config file /usr/local/etc/kamailio/kamailio.cfg, line 40, column
12-24: failed to load module
Aug  3 17:52:49 sbcdesa kamailio: ERROR: <core> [sr_module.c:390]:
ERROR: load_module: could not open module
</usr/local/lib/kamailio/modules/carrierroute.so>:
/usr/local/lib/kamailio/modules/carrierroute.so: undefined symbol:
debug
Aug  3 17:52:49 sbcdesa kamailio: : <core> [cfg.y:3330]: parse error
in config file /usr/local/etc/kamailio/kamailio.cfg, line 67, column
12-28: failed to load module

In my cfg file I've set
mpath="/usr/local/lib/kamailio/modules_k/:/usr/local/lib/kamailio/modules/"

as stated on the documentation and the contents of thos folders are:
[root at sbcdesa kamailio-3.0.2]# ls /usr/local/lib/kamailio/modules/
acc.so            carrierroute.so  db_text.so       exec.so
mi_fifo.so        pdt.so          rr.so        speeddial.so
uac_redirect.so
alias_db.so       cfg_db.so        dialog.so        group.so
mi_rpc.so         permissions.so  rtimer.so    sqlops.so      uac.so
auth_db.so        cfg_rpc.so       dispatcher.so    htable.so
msilo.so          pike.so         sanity.so    sst.so
uri_db.so
auth_diameter.so  cfgutils.so      diversion.so     imc.so
nathelper.so      pv.so           siptrace.so  statistics.so
userblacklist.so
auth.so           ctl.so           domainpolicy.so  maxfwd.so
nat_traversal.so  qos.so          siputils.so  textops.so
usrloc.so
avpops.so         db_flatstore.so  domain.so        mediaproxy.so
path.so           ratelimit.so    sl.so        tm.so          xlog.so
benchmark.so      db_mysql.so      enum.so          mi_datagram.so
pdb.so            registrar.so    sms.so       topoh.so
[root at sbcdesa kamailio-3.0.2]# ls /usr/local/lib/kamailio/modules_k/
acc.so            call_control.so  domainpolicy.so  imc.so
nathelper.so      pua_mi.so     rtimer.so     sqlops.so        uac.so
alias_db.so       cfgutils.so      domain.so        kex.so
nat_traversal.so  pv.so         siptrace.so   sst.so
uri_db.so
auth_db.so        db_text.so       drouting.so      maxfwd.so
path.so           qos.so        siputils.so   statistics.so
userblacklist.so
auth_diameter.so  dialog.so        exec.so          mi_datagram.so
pdt.so            ratelimit.so  sl.so         textops.so
usrloc.so
auth.so           dispatcher.so    group.so         mi_fifo.so
permissions.so    registrar.so  sms.so        tmx.so           xlog.so
benchmark.so      diversion.so     htable.so        msilo.so
pike.so           rr.so         speeddial.so  uac_redirect.so

Is there anything I'm missing? Should I delete everything and start
over? I reviewed the makefile to be sure I was not excluding modules,
maybe they are excluded somewhere else.

Thanks in advance,
Uriel