[Serusers] ser 0.9.x CANCEL retransmission problem

James Chattaway J.Chattaway at ftel.co.uk
Thu Apr 8 12:16:53 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I have a similar issue to the following post
http://lists.iptel.org/pipermail/serusers/2009-December/035826.html

I am running against 0.9.6 but I have upgraded to 0.9.9 and I see the
same issue.

I have the SER setup as a stateful proxy, occasionally the SBC due to
load drops CANCEL's. (please find attached a .txt file for call flow out
of wireshark)
The SER doesn't retransmit the CANCEL, but this call has received a
provisional reply (>=100 && < 200).  The expectation from the post above
is that this should result in a retransmit of CANCEL.

To remove as much as possible from the test case I have run with, out
the box ser.cfg and sipp scripts I can reproduce this issue on 0.9.6 and
0.9.9, running the same sipp scripts against 3.0.1 kamailio results in
CANCELs being retransmitted.

While the long term goal is to move to a later version of SER I would
prefer not to do this now, can you think of anything that could cause
this unexpected behavior?

Regards

James