[SR-Users] MI functions

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 15:01:19 CEST 2010

Hello,

On 4/23/10 2:03 PM, Hector.Ortiz at swisscom.com wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> In the page where a module is described, there is a list of
> dependencies that have to be met in order to use the module, the list
> of exported parameters that might need to be set in the configuration
> file and a list of exported functions which can be used in the
> configuration script.  I've noticed as well, that there are some
> "Exported MI functions" but I was wondering if any of you know what
> the purpose of those functions is, where and how such functions could
> be used?

mi functions can be used in control commands that can be sent via fifo
file, unix/datagram socket or xmlrpc. We start to deprecate them in
favour of RPC control interface.

One option to run mi commands is via kamctl:

kamctl fifo command params

Examples:

kamctl fifo ps
kamctl fifo uptime

To see what mi commands are available:

kamctl fifo which

With 3.0+ you can use sercmd as well, e.g.,:

sercmd> mi which
sercmd> mi ps

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
* http://www.asipto.com/