[Kamailio-Users] How to fetch SIP Data from Asterisk?

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Fri Oct 9 09:22:58 CEST 2009

On Friday 09 October 2009 06:56:51 Vibhor Singhal wrote:
> Hi,
>

> We are a telcom company in Noida developing CTI applications.
> We are using Asterisk-1.4.and have configured manager.conf file and
> connection with the AMI is successfull using username and password. We want
> to monitor/fetch SIP packets from TCP port. Please let us know how to take
> SIP data from tcp port.

First of all .. this is not the correct list to ask this kind of questions .
Then Asterisk does not support SIP over TCP (not yet).

> Our scenario:
>
> We are developing CTI applications where we need SIP data from PBX such as
> SourceIP,Username,Destination IP,TAG,VIA,Contact,CALL-ID,C-Sequence etc for
> each of the SIP packets such as REGISTER,BYE,INVITE,ACK,SUBSCRIBE,NOTIFY
> etc.

Asterisk will not give you that information over the AMI, you will need to
develop a module for asterisk or modify chan_sip to archive that goal.

> e.g Wrieshark displays SIP packets for activities going on SIP port in the
> below mentioned format:

> After receiving these SIP Packets from Asterisk,we can parse that data
> according to our requirements.
> Is there any text/data file or database where asterisk stores all the
> information in above format?

No

> If we need to fetch this data at realtime from the port than how can we do
> that?

You have toons of ways for skying a cat ... you could ... :

- Develop your custom sip-cature program, using libpcap for example
- Work with ngrep for getting about what you need
- Develop a wireshark filter.
- ...

> For this we are trying Kamailio as Asterisk frontend.Plz tell us about the
> installation process and how to make kamailio as asterisk's fromtend
>

> Request for an early reply!!!
> Regards

If you need such kind of work and you don't have time to learn yourself,
better to look up for a consultant and pay for that work.

--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual