[Kamailio-Users] How to fetch SIP Data from Asterisk?

Vibhor Singhal vibhor.singhal at coraltele.com
Fri Oct 9 07:56:51 CEST 2009

Hi,

We are a telcom company in Noida developing CTI applications.
We are using Asterisk-1.4.and have configured manager.conf file and
connection with the AMI is successfull using username and password. We want
to monitor/fetch SIP packets from TCP port. Please let us know how to take
SIP data from tcp port.

Our scenario:

We are developing CTI applications where we need SIP data from PBX such as
SourceIP,Username,Destination IP,TAG,VIA,Contact,CALL-ID,C-Sequence etc for
each of the SIP packets such as REGISTER,BYE,INVITE,ACK,SUBSCRIBE,NOTIFY
etc.

e.g Wrieshark displays SIP packets for activities going on SIP port in the
below mentioned format:

                                 o SIP Packet as displayed on

SIP/2.0 200 OK
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.3.35:5060;branch=z9hG4bK10e203f8;rport=5060
Contact: <sip:1000000 at 192.168.3.15:45118>