[Kamailio-Users] SIMPLE vs XMPP: The Resolution

Schumann Sebastian Sebastian.Schumann at t-com.sk
Wed Oct 7 17:03:30 CEST 2009

Hi Inaki
You could include the presence of a SIP endpoint (your phone) as another resource into your XMPP state. If one of your SIP phones is in a call, the XMPP resource will be e.g. busy.

If you "set DND on the SIP phone", it could be easily mapped to a XMPP state, i.e. somehow trigger the resource to become busy as well.

I think also integration at this level is something worth to consider. Not "SIMPLE users interact with XMPP users" but to let each protocol do what its good at (chat through XMPP and call through SIP). I have not met too many SIMPLE users to chat with yet anyways :) The user could have a single URI and there would be no confusion.

Sebastian