[Kamailio-Users] 487

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Nov 30 19:05:50 CET 2009

30 nov 2009 kl. 15.56 skrev Anders:

> Hi,
>
> This question may belong in a general SIP forum - but I'll drop it
> here anyway, - hope I stir no big anger ;-)
>
> I'm running Kamailio 1.5, - use it for wholesale, and my customers
> typically send me calls from their Asterisk platform. I'm experiencing
> a very share of calls ending up in 487. This should be the client
> terminating the call - but is it my client (the provider with the
> Asterisk platform) or is it the final client - my client's client?
> Could Asterisk send a 487 for some reason?
>
> I've researched this (maybe not good enough!), but cannot find the
> answer: Does a 487 always mean that the client gave up and hung up? If
> this is the case, could high PDD be my problem - it's taking too long
> and the client gives up?

487 is sent as response to an INVITE after caller sending a CANCEL.
This is sent by Asterisk and all other UA's.

This only happens before the call is in UP state, so normally in ringing state or early media.

Why - it could be a timeout when no one answers in a system somewhere or the caller simply giving up since no one answers the call.

/O