[Kamailio-Users] 487

Anders vaerge at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 15:56:20 CET 2009

Hi,

This question may belong in a general SIP forum - but I'll drop it
here anyway, - hope I stir no big anger ;-)

I'm running Kamailio 1.5, - use it for wholesale, and my customers
typically send me calls from their Asterisk platform. I'm experiencing
a very share of calls ending up in 487. This should be the client
terminating the call - but is it my client (the provider with the
Asterisk platform) or is it the final client - my client's client?
Could Asterisk send a 487 for some reason?

I've researched this (maybe not good enough!), but cannot find the
answer: Does a 487 always mean that the client gave up and hung up? If
this is the case, could high PDD be my problem - it's taking too long
and the client gives up?

Thanks!