[Kamailio-Users] Load Based Load Balancing

Kareem Hamdy Kareem.Hamdy at trustvesta.com
Wed May 20 20:57:49 CEST 2009

Hello:

I've been going through your lists and your documentation, and I'm unable to find how you set up load based load balancing.

To further illustrate:

For example, let's say we have the following live calls:1,2,3,4,5,6,7

Round Robin Works Well
----------------------

+-----+
| SER |
+-----+

   |-------| FreeSWITCH 1 |  [Calls 1,3,5,7]
   |       +--------------+
   |
   |       +--------------+
   |-------| FreeSWITCH 2 |  [Calls 2,4,6]
           +--------------+

But let's say some of the calls end significantly quicker than the others, how can I send calls by their load (current calls, cpu, etc)

For example, let's say we have the following live calls:1,2,3,4,5,6,7 - Let's say calls 4 and 5 lasted about 30 seconds, while the others lasted about 5 minutes.  How would I be able to route calls to the box that's least used - in this example, "FreeSWITCH 2" at any given time had the least number of calls, so calls 4,5, and 6 were dispatched to it.

Load Based Load Balancing
-------------------------

+-----+
| SER |