[SR-Users] Integrating Openser and OpenLDAP Backend-Databases

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 09:45:05 CEST 2009

Hello,

On 06/01/2009 03:27 PM, afshin afzali wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Surely you know better than me that using a SIP server ( such as
> Openser ) and a directory service ( such as OpenLDAP ) in an
> enterprise , forces us to define and maintain user's credentials in
> two different realms.

do you mean here that for sip you need to store plain text or HA1
checksum? This is because of the RFC3261 constraints. We cannot do
anything about as the sip phones implements mostly only www digest auth.

However, if you have a phone that can do other auth type for sip, then
you can add a new module in kamailio for it. It is rather simple, www
digest auth is a module and it is not a must to have in config.

> Also we know that the SIP server can not depends on directory service
> as authentication realm. Recently OpenLDAP's guys have added support
> for 'MySQL Cluster' edition to store it's data. Do'nt you think now it
> is time to add support to overcome the issue?
>
> Best Regards,
> -- afshin

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com/