[Kamailio-Users] Kamailio 1.5.1 on Amazon EC2

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 11:17:16 CEST 2009

Hello,

On 06/08/2009 11:28 PM, Pascal Maugeri wrote:
> Hi
>
> We installed Kamailio 1.5.1 on a Amazon EC2 Fedora Core 9 image.
>
> As you may know EC2 maps a public IP address to a private IP address
> of the image, hence there is a kind of NAT. It looks presence does not
> work because of this. We'll try to make use of the NATHelper module ASAP.
I am not sure if rtpproxy can handle such case, but in kamailio you have
to play with advertised_address and port:
http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/core-cookbook:1.5.x#advertised_address

Note that not all modules have been tested properly in such case. IIRC,
someone reported recently that nathelper module does not obey it, but I
might be wrong.

> Except this point, everything looks to work pretty well.
>
> Does anybody has some experience with EC2 here ?
>
> Regards,
> Pascal

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com/