[Serusers] incomplete INVITE-ACK-BYE pairs in ACC table

Nils Ohlmeier lists at ohlmeier.org
Thu Jul 23 13:36:57 CEST 2009

Hi,

Am 23.07.09 09:28, schrieb Ilya Pichugin:
> In my acc table I see incomplete  INVITE-ACK-BYE pairs for callids, in
> some calls there is no BYE.

this can happen because of several reasons: re-transmissions which are
not detected as such, broken clients which mess up record routing,...

> In what way it is possible to force generate BYE when user switch off
> his UAC, for example?

How can you "force" any software which has been turned off to do
something? :-)
Seriously you could use a session timer to detect that one party is
gone. But in a normal call scenario I would not be so much worried about
missing BYEs, as the remote party B will detect by the missing audio
that the A party is gone. So B should hang up a lot sooner then any
solution on the signaling plane will detect it.

Best regards
   Nils Ohlmeier