[Serusers] SER generating Via: with branch parameter equal to "0" over half the time

Michal Matyska michal.matyska at iptel.org
Wed Jul 8 09:27:26 CEST 2009

Frank Durda IV píše v Út 07. 07. 2009 v 16:16 -0500:
> Michal Matyska wrote:
> > Use syn_branch=0 in your ser.cfg. This will put RFC compliant branch ids
> > into positive ACKs in exchange of few CPU cycles wated to calculate the
> > id instead of using tm transaction id :-)
> >
> > Michal
>
> I'll try that when I can have a maintenance window to
> stick that in and restart SER.  In what area does it go?
> Up at the top or in a function/route?

At the top to the configutation part. It isn't valid route command.

> As it stands, do you have any idea why only some ACKs
> have branch=0 results and the others have a reasonable
> looking Branch=n value?
>
> The "branch=0" also doesn't seem to ever show up in
> PRACKs or any other SIP message either.  Just some ACKs.

Yes, ACKs are (even with tm module used) relayed statelessly, so there
is no transaction looked while processing them.

By some ACKs having branch 0 and some valid id - is it so that ACK for
2xx replies have branch 0 and ACKs for 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx have correct id?
This is how I would expect to be, but if you see 2xx ACKs some with
branch 0 and some with correct value, then hard to say... I'd need to
see more examples to check if there could be any pattern found for that
behaviour.

Michal