[Serusers] SER generating Via: with branch parameter equal to "0" over half the time

Frank Durda IV frank.durda at hypercube-llc.com
Tue Jul 7 23:16:29 CEST 2009

Michal Matyska wrote:
> Use syn_branch=0 in your ser.cfg. This will put RFC compliant branch ids
> into positive ACKs in exchange of few CPU cycles wated to calculate the
> id instead of using tm transaction id :-)
>
> Michal

I'll try that when I can have a maintenance window to
stick that in and restart SER.  In what area does it go?
Up at the top or in a function/route?

As it stands, do you have any idea why only some ACKs
have branch=0 results and the others have a reasonable
looking Branch=n value?

The "branch=0" also doesn't seem to ever show up in
PRACKs or any other SIP message either.  Just some ACKs.

Frank