[Kamailio-Users] OpenSer/Kamailio and A2Billing

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Jul 13 16:22:16 CEST 2009

On Donnerstag, 9. Juli 2009, Carlos A. Alvarez wrote:
> I am trying to set up an application, where I use Kamailio, asterisk, and
> A2Billing to process pre paid calling cards, and wholesale voip.  I already
> have setup a kamailio service using carrier route and a2billing as a
> preprocessor. It works beautiful, Great work guys!!!!

Hello Carlos,

> The questions I have are around the design for resiliency and redundancy.
> I will like to use another instance of kamailio for a dispatcher function
> to load balance between asterisk servers, since the is a limitation and
> performance issues with asterisk. Now I have done some research and some
> testing and they only way I know I can make it work is by using 302
> redirection to redirect the invites from my customers to the corresponding
> asterisk server. If I use a direct setup using ds_select_dst asterisk gets
> all "confused" since the request appears to come from the dispatcher ip
> address.  For wholesale ip, I filter a2billing on ip address and not
> username.

Hm, the usage of 302 redirection to just load-balance your asterisk servers is
IMHO a bit complicated. Normally you should be able to just use dispatcher or
similar modules (like cr in cfg file mode) for this purpose. If you only need
the incoming IP address for billing purposes perhaps you could store this in a
custom SIP header and evaluate this later on the asterisk?

Henning