[Kamailio-Users] OpenSer/Kamailio and A2Billing

Carlos A. Alvarez carlos.alvarez at commxinc.com
Mon Jul 13 16:09:22 CEST 2009

Any comments?

From: users-bounces at lists.kamailio.org [mailto:users-bounces at lists.kamailio.org] On Behalf Of Carlos A. Alvarez
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2009 11:10 AM
To: 'Users at lists.kamailio.org'
Subject: [Kamailio-Users] OpenSer/Kamailio and A2Billing

Folks,

First of all I will like to apologize before hand, since I am better with numbers than with words.  Therefore I hope you all can at least understand the essence of what I am trying to communicate. ;-)

I am trying to set up an application, where I use Kamailio, asterisk, and A2Billing to process pre paid calling cards, and wholesale voip.  I already have setup a kamailio service using carrier route and a2billing as a preprocessor. It works beautiful, Great work guys!!!!

The questions I have are around the design for resiliency and redundancy.  I will like to use another instance of kamailio for a dispatcher function to load balance between asterisk servers, since the is a limitation and performance issues with asterisk. Now I have done some research and some testing and they only way I know I can make it work is by using 302 redirection to redirect the invites from my customers to the corresponding asterisk server. If I use a direct setup using ds_select_dst asterisk gets all "confused" since the request appears to come from the dispatcher ip address.  For wholesale ip, I filter a2billing on ip address and not username.  My configuration is as follows:

<customer>------><dispatcher/kamailio>------><a2billing/asterisk>-----><carrierroute/kamailio>------><carrier>

Any thoughts, comments and/or suggestions are more than welcomed!

Carlos