[Serusers] configure SER and SEMS to work together

Stefan Sayer stefan.sayer at iptego.com
Thu Feb 5 13:25:00 CET 2009

Hello,

o Martin Lane [02/04/09 20:17]:
> I am following the 'mini-Howto on how to configure SER and SEMS to work
> together' guide on iptel.org.  So I have a separate directory for
as it says at the top of that howto, with a more recent version of SEMS
this is not required any more; especially if you are using 1.1.0
version. Also note that there is the 1.1.0 release available
(http://ftp.iptel.org/pub/sems/sems-1.1.0.tar.gz).

For SEMS 1.1.0 (recommended!), you can use the default configuration,
just configure 'application' and the server's IP address and port used
in sems.conf. Then just send the call to the SIP IP:port, e.g. using ser
with t_relay_to_udp("<sip_ip>","<sip_port>");

for completeness, the following comments:

> integrating the SER and SEMS functionality.  For development purposes is
> there a switch to change the path were SER looks for the modules?  As
no, you need to change every loadmodule line.

> well control which version of SEMS is being used?  I've installed Sip
> Express Media Server (1.1.0-rc1 (i386/linux)) as well as the version
> from the howto for testing.
>
> My basic problem is I currently get a version mismatch error:
>
> 0(9590) ERROR: module version mismatch for
> /usr/local/lib/ser/modules/sl.so; core: ser 0.9.6-sems (i386/linux);
> module: ser 0.9.6 (i386/linux)

Your specific error comes from that the module you are trying to load
was not compiled with the same version, e.g. you have one ser installed
into /usr/local and you have another one in a local directory.

Regards
Stefan

> The appropriate modules are located in under my ser-sems test dir and I
> have not been successful in redirecting SER to look there.
>
> Also, I have modified ser.cfg and sems.cfg for my system but I did not
> find a default ser_sems.cfg.  Is this file necessary and where is the
> default location?
>
> Thanks for any help or advice.
>
> mll

Stefan Sayer