[Serusers] configure SER and SEMS to work together

Martin Lane martin.l.lane at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 20:17:33 CET 2009

I am following the 'mini-Howto on how to configure SER and SEMS to work
together' guide on iptel.org.  So I have a separate directory for
integrating the SER and SEMS functionality.  For development purposes is
there a switch to change the path were SER looks for the modules?  As well
control which version of SEMS is being used?  I've installed Sip Express
Media Server (1.1.0-rc1 (i386/linux)) as well as the version from the howto
for testing.

My basic problem is I currently get a version mismatch error:

0(9590) ERROR: module version mismatch for /usr/local/lib/ser/modules/sl.so;
core: ser 0.9.6-sems (i386/linux); module: ser 0.9.6 (i386/linux)

The appropriate modules are located in under my ser-sems test dir and I have
not been successful in redirecting SER to look there.

Also, I have modified ser.cfg and sems.cfg for my system but I did not find
a default ser_sems.cfg.  Is this file necessary and where is the default
location?

Thanks for any help or advice.

mll