[Kamailio-Users] [Sip-implementors] Secure VoIP

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Feb 26 18:27:31 CET 2009

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> 2009/2/26 Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:
>
>> However, being out there so many phones without such support, it is
>> practically unusable since service providers won't deploy different server
>> solutions for each group of devices, so they stick to one size fits all and
>> that is not DNS for now.
>>

> Devices don't implement it, so service providers don't implement it,
> so devices don't implement it, so...  XD

I know SIP providers who are actually using SRV in real world for
providing access to end-users. So DNS is out there.

>> Proper DNS support should be enforced somehow (who knows how?!?) before
>> anything else. At the end, DNS drives the IP world.
>>

> IMHO RFC 3263 complexity doesn't help too much.

I wouldn't say so. I personally implemented this RFC and it is very
helpful if you understand it and if you are able to take advantage of
all its functionalities (discovery, failover, balancing, etc)

Do not blame the tool - blame who's not capable to use the tool.

Regards,
Bogdan