[Kamailio-Users] Kamailio Newb questions

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Feb 26 13:54:16 CET 2009

Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> On 02/26/2009 02:36 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:
>> Daniel,
>>
>> I hate to open up an old and tired can of worms, but are there any
>> recent performance tests
>
> never compared the two of them. I used only rtpproxy so far and I was
> very happy, mainly regarding the development and community support.
> mediaproxy is in first place python, which slower than native C.

I agree with everything you say, and understand that rtpproxy adheres
much more closely to the Kamailio technology and political stack.  :)

Although Mediaproxy is in Python, the relaying is not done in Python, so
what I wonder is just objectively whether kernel-based relay is faster
than userspace relay - even if in native C and in a very simple and lean
binary.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems