[Kamailio-Users] 1.5.3 dialog module: dialogs stay in database when in "shutdown only" mode

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Thu Dec 31 00:02:32 CET 2009

On Mon, December 28, 2009 9:33 pm, Nathan Angelacos wrote:
> It appears that in "shutdown only" mode (modparm db_mode = 3 ) dialogs
> are not cleared from the database on startup:
>
> 1. kamctl start
>       initiate call
> 2. kamctl stop
> 3. kamctl start
>    terminate call
>    (dialog is terminated correctly)
> 4. kamctl db show dialog
>    shows the dialog record
> 5. kamctl stop
> 6. kamctl db show dialog
>    shows the (now very dead) dialog record
>
> Perhaps the dialog table should be cleared right after step 3 or at the
> beginning of step 5  when the dialog module is in "shutdown only" mode.

Hi Nathan,

the db mode 3 is specified in a way in the docs that it does no run time
updates of the DB. So the (stale) information about now terminated calls
should be removed at step 5. I did a quick review of the code, it seems
that dialogs should be deleted during runtime regardless of the db mode.
But this not shows in your test case. I need to reproduce this by myself,
perhaps others can also comment about the expected behavior in this case?

Regards,

Henning