[Kamailio-Users] LCR questions ( ping and flags columns )

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Aug 27 17:51:11 CEST 2009

2009/8/27 Ricardo Martinez <rmartinez at redvoiss.net>:
> Hello list.
>
> I have a couple of questions about the LCR module.
>
> The first one is about the “ping” column in the gw table.  I guess this
> column stores the “results” of execute a ping to the gateways in the LCR.gw
> table isn’t?.
>
> So how this “ping” is executed? It is just a simple ICMP message? Or maybe
> is an OPTIONS sip message to the gateway?.  I saw in the lcr_mod.c file some
> ping_method, ping_interval variables, but in the README file there is
> nothing about the “ping”.  Could someone clarify this to me this?

opsss, what the ****???

I use the following parameters in a LCR configuracion (I use m4):

modparam("lcr", "gw_uri_avp", "$avp(AVP_LCR_GW_URI)")
modparam("lcr", "rpid_avp", "$avp(AVP_LCR_RPID)")
modparam("lcr", "ruri_user_avp", "$avp(AVP_LCR_RURI_USER)")
modparam("lcr", "flags_avp", "$avp(AVP_LCR_FLAGS)")
modparam("lcr", "ping_interval", 10)
modparam("lcr", "ping_from", "sip:pinger at mydomain.org")
modparam("lcr", "ping_method", "PING")
modparam("lcr", "positive_codes", "501;200;404;401;407;403")
modparam("lcr", "negative_codes", "408;503")

As you say, the module doc doesn't talk about "ping" related
parameters... how can it be??? something happened to the module doc?

> Second.  In the mysql “gw” table there is a column called “flags”.
> According to the README file it said that this column can store gateways
> “capabilities”.  For example, and I hope that someone could guide me here,
> can i store the maximum channels available per gateway?, and use it to
> select or not select a gateway according the gateway channels used?.

No, it just gives you the possibility of storing flags (1 or 0) of
each gateway. When a gateway is used, its flags are retrieved into
"flags" AVP:

  modparam("lcr", "flags_avp", "$avp(AVP_LCR_FLAGS)")

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>