[Kamailio-Users] LCR questions ( ping and flags columns )

Ricardo Martinez rmartinez at redvoiss.net
Thu Aug 27 17:38:47 CEST 2009

Hello list.

I have a couple of questions about the LCR module.

The first one is about the "ping" column in the gw table.  I guess this
column stores the "results" of execute a ping to the gateways in the
LCR.gw table isn't?.

So how this "ping" is executed? It is just a simple ICMP message? Or
maybe is an OPTIONS sip message to the gateway?.  I saw in the lcr_mod.c
file some ping_method, ping_interval variables, but in the README file
there is nothing about the "ping".  Could someone clarify this to me
this?

Second.  In the mysql "gw" table there is a column called "flags".
According to the README file it said that this column can store gateways
"capabilities".  For example, and I hope that someone could guide me
here, can i store the maximum channels available per gateway?, and use
it to select or not select a gateway according the gateway channels
used?.

I hope that someone could help me here.

Thank in advance,

Regards,