[Kamailio-Users] OpenSER without MYSQL

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Aug 13 15:59:32 CEST 2009

Olle E. Johansson wrote:

> In some cases, it's a really good idea ;-)
>
> Some of the WRTG distros already use one version of SER in their systems
> as an ALG, application level gateway.

A bizarre, but understandable application of it, I suppose.

> And yes, MySQL is not a requirement at all. It's just a matter of what
> you want to do. Check the documentation - we have a lot of it - and you
> will even find drivers for text-based configurations. Daniel can comment
> on the state of these, I'm sure.

Yep, if you want to use OpenSER/Kamailio for some purpose that does not
require dynamic information and so on, it is quite possible to do it
without using a database.

However, I assumed that since the question was posed in this manner,
there was an underlying assumption that things requiring a database need
to be done.  Otherwise, why even ask the question;  in that case, it
ought to be self-evident that there is no need to use a database to
begin with, let alone MySQL.

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov