[Kamailio-Users] OpenSER without MYSQL

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Aug 13 15:54:30 CEST 2009

13 aug 2009 kl. 15.45 skrev Alex Balashov:

> Ratheendran R wrote:
>
>> I want to port openSER on an embedded board,I need configure the
>> openser without MySQL due to space constraint.
>> So can you let me know whether this is possible also can you give
>> any reference document on how to port on ARM 9 based boad.
>
> I don't know that this is really a good idea.  While OpenSER is a
> relatively "low-level" component of VoIP infrastructure, it is
> heavily bound up in the higher layers of abstraction, including the
> point at which high-level application delivery happens.  It's
> designed to run on real servers - at least, to achieve any real
> scalability.  This isn't the same as PBX appliances.

In some cases, it's a really good idea ;-)

Some of the WRTG distros already use one version of SER in their
systems as an ALG, application level gateway.

And yes, MySQL is not a requirement at all. It's just a matter of what
you want to do. Check the documentation - we have a lot of it - and
you will even find drivers for text-based configurations. Daniel can
comment on the state of these, I'm sure.

/O