[Kamailio-Users] Local routing

Martin Werne martin.werne at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 5 10:37:46 CEST 2009

Hi!

I'm planning a new platform based on Kamailio, to replace an existing Cisco-platform.

- A total of appr. 2000 ATAs/IP Phones (today appr. 300).
- Routing to various providers/gateways via custom made OSP-server.
- Two Kamailio-servers on different geographic locations.
- Load-balancing/Failover of ATA's by use of DNS-SRV.

The main "problem" I see, is how local calls between ATA's registered on each of the Kamailio-servers is routed.
How can Kamailio1 route a call to an ATA registered on Kamailio2?

What is best in this scenario?

1. If user not found on local Kamailio-server, forward call to next Kamailio-server.
2. Let the Kamailio-servers share the same database (same location-table)?
3. Let the Kamailio-servers copy the REGISTER to the other Kamailio-server(s) so that the other Kamailio-server(s) update their own location-table.

I would prefer not to use alternative 1...

If alternative 3 is the best, is 't_replicate' the way to do it?

What if I add a third Kamailio-server, will that change the recommendation?

Martin