[Serusers] Configuring SER as an outbound proxy for multiple Ekigas on a LAN

Enrico Maria Crisostomo enrico.m.crisostomo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 23:14:00 CET 2008

Hi all.

I'm a first-time would-be user of SER and I have the following problem: I
was planning to use Ekiga on a LAN with several workstations and I was
looking for documentation about the options I have and the best setup I can
achieve. How to solve the problem of NAT traversal for multiple Ekigas was
answered by Ekiga documentation: use a SIP proxy. The workstations are all
equipped with Solaris 10 and I have a small Solaris 10 server too, so I
thought it was natural for me to use SER as a SIP proxy. Unfortunately I'm
finding no documentation about how to configure it as a simple outbound
proxy and to say the truth I found very little documentation about
configuring a SIP proxy in general. My idea would be just having SER behave
as an outbound SIP proxy and use ekiga.net accounts for everybody (no need
for a PBX as Asterisk). It seems a kind of basic configuration but I have no
idea where to start from.

Do you have suggestions and pointers to documentation to help me achieve
this goal?
Thank you in advance,
Enrico.

--