[Kamailio-Users] Kamailio/Openser - improve the performance with children process

Thu Oct 30 16:57:20 CET 2008

Ovidiu Sas wrote:
 > It all depends on your config.
 > For instance, in my setup I do between 100 to 200 cps with 3 workers.
 > It is important to tune your config based on your requirements and the
 > hardware (mainly number of CPU/cores).

It also depends on your backbone systems. E.g. if you are using DBs or
Radius server which respond slow (e.g. hosted in another datacenter
causing some RTT delay, then it is better to have more children as
otherwise the childrens are blocked waiting for the reponse although the
CPU is idle.

Of course the memory consumption increases with the childrens. My
default setting is 10. (if the proxy is listining on one UDP socket). If
the proxy is listening on several sockets it is better to have less
childrens as the children setting is per UDP listening socket.

regards
klaus

http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/core-cookbook:devel#children