[Kamailio-Users] Usrloc: cache vs database inconsistencies

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 13:54:29 CEST 2008

Hello,

On 10/23/08 02:28, CSB wrote:
> I have noticed a consistent difference between the location records OpenSER
> has cached and those stored in the database.
>
> e.g.
> openserctl ul show --brief
> database engine 'MYSQL' loaded
> Control engine 'FIFO' loaded
> entering fifo_cmd ul_dump brief
> Domain:: location table=512 records=19 max_slot=2
>
> Compared to:
> select count(*) from ser.location;
> +----------+
> | count(*) |
> +----------+
> |       10 |
> +----------+
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>
> This difference is consistent over time.
>
> When I look at the database logs OpenSER is trying to update an existing
> record in the database which, for some reason, doesn't exist.
>
> Our config has the following relevant parameters
> modparam("usrloc", "db_mode", 2)
>
> Openser 1.3.2
>
> Any thoughts on how to prevent this circumstance from occurring and how to
> synchronise the cache with the db in an orderly manner? I had thought that
> after 120 seconds (timer_interval default)this would happen but it doesn't
> seem to.

indeed seems a problem. Perhaps the insert of the record failed,
therefore the update fails as well. Reason can be that the DB was not
running when openser tried to insert. Perhaps in this case is indicated
an attempt to insert.

This should be registered on tracker too, not to forget about, could you
please do it:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=139143

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com