[Kamailio-Users] Usrloc: cache vs database inconsistencies

CSB kjcsb at xnet.co.nz
Thu Oct 23 01:28:01 CEST 2008

I have noticed a consistent difference between the location records OpenSER
has cached and those stored in the database.

e.g.
openserctl ul show --brief
database engine 'MYSQL' loaded
Control engine 'FIFO' loaded
entering fifo_cmd ul_dump brief
Domain:: location table=512 records=19 max_slot=2

Compared to:
select count(*) from ser.location;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
|       10 |
+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

This difference is consistent over time.

When I look at the database logs OpenSER is trying to update an existing
record in the database which, for some reason, doesn't exist.

Our config has the following relevant parameters
modparam("usrloc", "db_mode", 2)

Openser 1.3.2

Any thoughts on how to prevent this circumstance from occurring and how to
synchronise the cache with the db in an orderly manner? I had thought that
after 120 seconds (timer_interval default)this would happen but it doesn't
seem to.

Any advice appreciated.

Regards

Cameron