[Kamailio-Users] Architecture with load-balancing (dispatcher module)

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Oct 23 12:16:31 CEST 2008

Any "frontal application-level switch" would simply have the same liability.

Kamailio is a very high-throughput proxy that can handle huge amounts of
call setups per second.  I think you can count on that.

Failing over around the load balancer node to a secondary load balancer
or distributing the traffic among multiple load balancers is a job best
left to the sending endpoint.  For example, a DID origination provider's
switch or SBC can be set up to fail over calls to a different IP
endpoint for your SIP trunk if no response is received within a certain
amount of time.  That is how this is typically done.  At some point
you've got to say that you've done all you can do, and it's up to the
other side.