[Kamailio-Users] Anyone doing CNAM lookups?

Thu Oct 23 07:02:38 CEST 2008

Hi Brian!

If you need to trigger SUBSCRIBE you would need the pua module. You
would need to write a new module which either sends SUBSCRIBE directly
(via tm module) or which links into pua module (which support
SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY in a generic ways).

Do you have a specification of the CNAM lookup (Event: type, payload ...)

I am not used to CNAM (does not exist in Europe) - how does it work? Do
you query the CNAM database during call setup - thus delaying the call
setup until you got the answer from the lookup? Or is this an
asynchronous mechanism?

regards
klaus