[Kamailio-Users] Anyone doing CNAM lookups?

Brian McCrary bmccrary at lwav.net
Wed Oct 22 22:13:53 CEST 2008

I've been using OpenSER 1.0.1 for the past couple of years, but I now
need to add CNAM lookups.  It looks like the presence module might be
what I need, although from the looks if it, it's made to respond to
lookups, instead of actually generate a query to another server for a
lookup.

I'm looking at doing CNAM lookups with Verisign which look to
interface with a SUBSCRIBE message, in which in return Verising sends
back a NOTIFY message with one of the fields being "calling-name" which
has the CNAM info in it.

Has anyone been succesful in implementing such a lookup with Verisign or
another CNAM database provider?

Brian