[Kamailio-Users] In-dialog request correlation without loose routing?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Oct 16 20:59:56 CEST 2008

And specifically, the ambiguity I am referring to in your narrative is
the following:

1) In your first reply to me after I posted the configs, you said:

"Your config is bogus.  You are not doing proper record-routing (you
commented out that section). In-dialog requests are matched during
record-route handling, regardless of the dialog match mode."

2) In your subsequent reply to yourself and clarification of the issue
with reference to the dialog docs, you say:

"The documentation is a little bit fuzzy about this, but here's the hint:
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.4.x/dialog#id2507978
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.4.x/dialog#id2508031

<quote>
This PV will be available only for sequential requests, after doing
loose_route().
</quote>

So it means that you must perform loose_route() if you want to catch
in-dialog request and have a consistent dialog state.  With your
config, all the dialogs will just time out ..."

3) So, which one is it?  If I need to record_route(), that is obvious;
you cannot monitor dialogs if subsequent in-dialog requests do not pass
through the proxy.  I am doing that.

If it is loose_route() that I need to correlate subsequent in-dialog
requests, why?  As you said, if no RR cookies are being used, why should
the proxy care about the Route: header?

Thanks,

-- Alex