[Kamailio-Users] Carrierroute module: preffix qty?

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Oct 6 12:26:00 CEST 2008

On Friday 03 October 2008, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> > I want to use carrierroute to terminate 50,000 preffixes to a PSTN gw
> > and block 100,000.
> > So I created 50,000 records with gw ip as rewrite_host. However I only
> > was able to start kamailio with no more than about 2,200 records in
> > carrierroute mysql table.
> >
> > Is it possible to use carrierroute in such a way?
>
> What version are you using? Try to play with fetch row parameter:
> http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.4.x/carrierroute.html#id2506738

Hi Pablo,

the error you facing happens because the default private memory size of the
server is not sufficient to load all routing rules during startup. As Daniel
wrote, if you use the 1.4.1 version, it should work out ouf the box, as the
default fetch row size is 2000.

But i think you use a 1.3.x version, so you need to increase the PKG_MEM_POOL
size. Try to use a pool size of 13 MB, it should work then with 50k entries,
i did some tests. Alternativly you could also backport the fetch row support
to the 1.3 branch, but just increasing the size is probably easier.

I also updated the 1.3 module documentation, to point out this problems you
run into.

Cheers,

Henning