[OpenSER-Users] Openser 1.3.2 rev_dns=no

Michael Young myoung at redmonsters.net
Sun May 18 21:12:40 CEST 2008

Here is why I ask:

[root at proxy2 openser]# netstat -su
Udp:
    159293 packets received
    2016 packets to unknown port received.
    153899 packet receive errors
    185342 packets sent

On my proxies, as traffic levels increase, I start getting udp errors, which
I think is pretty much a udp buffer overflow. Once it overflows, that proxy
is toast until traffic levels die down. I have a pretty basic config, but I
can't seem to handle more than 4 or 5 new calls per second. I would expect
to be able to do a lot more than that. So I was trying to make sure that no
unnecessary udp traffic was going in or out.

The server has two Dual Core Opteron processors, 4 Gb of RAM, running CentOS
5 x86_64.

Any suggestions are appreciated... and I'll happily pay for consulting if
someone wants to look into it.

Michael