[Serusers] SER performance bottleneck ?

Valentin Nechayev netch at portaone.com
Mon Mar 31 12:47:10 CEST 2008

> Do you consider it realistic to produce load for millions of users with
> just 1-2? I don't. What probably happens is that you get a lot of
> inter-locking somewhere like in the registrar because you use just 2
> users. So you could have 100 CPUs and gigs of RAM, but if you do not use
> more users, it won't scale.

> I would say that you need to use ratios for calls/sec/users way smaller
> than 1, while you now seem to be at about 1500 or so... This is highly
> unrealistic and also not relevant.

This _is_ realistic in case SER is used as proxy on a path between
e.g. vendor gateways. In that case it can have 0 (i.e. _zero_)
"users" but thousands of calls per second.
And, of course, this shall be relevant unless you're positioning
it to "office PBX" which is definitely not direct SER niche.

--
Valentin Nechayev
PortaOne Inc., Software Engineer
mailto:netch at portaone.com