[Serusers] rtpproxy address filling

Andres andres at telesip.net
Sat Mar 29 18:03:01 CET 2008

Hi,

I have a question regarding the way rtpproxy handles 'address filling'.
After a session has been created, the rtpproxy pre-fills the caller and
callee's addresses and we see that in the rtpproxy output like:

pre-filling caller's address with 192.116.246.234:41000
pre-filling callee's address with 192.116.246.234:20000

Then when it sees the actual packets coming in from a different source
port, it updates the address and we see it in the log like:
callee's address filled in: 192.116.246.234:1024 (RTP)

The audio then flows fine both ways.

My question is, what would happen it the actual packets came in from a
different IP while the rtpproxy was waiting between the state of
'pre-filling' and 'address filled' states?  Will the rtpproxy accept
such a change that includes a new IP?  Will it ignore packets from a
different IP and continue the session normally?  Or will it abort the
session completely?

Thanks,
Andres
http://www.telesip.net