[Serusers] General Question on BYE

Mike Trest - Personal Mike at Trest.COM
Fri Mar 7 17:00:53 CET 2008

Hi,

I have see recent discussions on this topic among developers
but I am trying to ask a general question without getting into
ser.cfg and 0.9x vs 2.x comparisons.

My Question:

What are the practical reasons why SER 2.0 would simply ignore "BYE"
messages sent to it from a gateway when the user terminates a call?

	 user => gateway => ser => gateway

Good connection and conversation.  When the user hangs up
Gateway sends BYE message.  SER does not reply or forward
to destination gateway.  SER never even sees it.

I see the BYE message on tshark but it does not appear in ser.cfg
with xlog() statements right at the top or route{}.

Anyone with an opinion or suggestion to offer?

..mike..