[Serusers] e2e cancel - ghost calls

Nuno Ribeiro nribeiro82 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 19:22:41 CET 2008

Hi all,

I'm having a problem related with the "early" CANCEL's. The scenario is the
following  one :
A PSTN call to a SIP phone. When the PSTN decides to cancel the call only a
right after initiating, the PSTN will send the CANCEL message to the SER but
this is discarded and not forwarded to the correct path to the SIP Phone.
So what happens is that we have a ghost call.... The PSTN has already
cancelled the call but the SIP phone continues to ring.

The code that I have in the SER script is really simple:

if(subst_uri('/^sip:(\+[0-9]+)@
192.168.20.69.*user=phone$/sip:\1 at ptinovacao.pt/i')){

             record_route();

             loose_route();