[OpenSER-Users] mi_datagram module bind failure

Sigrid Thijs sigrid.thijs at androme.com
Mon Mar 31 16:22:54 CEST 2008

Hi,

we're setting up OpenSER 1.3.0 on a FreeBSD system, with the mi_datagram
module configured, and when we start up openser, we get the following error:

/usr/local/sbin/openser[3139]: NOTICE presence:child_init: init_child
[1]  pid [3139]
/usr/local/sbin/openser[3138]:
ERROR:mi_datagram:mi_init_datagram_server: bind: Invalid argument
/usr/local/sbin/openser[3142]: NOTICE presence:child_init: init_child
[4]  pid [3142]
/usr/local/sbin/openser[3138]:
CRITICAL:mi_datagram:pre_datagram_process: function
mi_init_datagram_server returned with error!!!
/usr/local/sbin/openser[3138]: ERROR:core:start_module_procs: pre-fork
function failed for process "MI Datagram" in module mi_datagram

In the openser configuration:
modparam ("mi_datagram", "socket_name", "udp:[ip.add.ress.here]:5068")

We checked that the port is not in use. Note that this is working fine
when running the same openser version on a linux based system.

We are also not having this issue when we specify a UNIX socket. Do you
have any idea what could be wrong?

kind regards,

Sigrid