[OpenSER-Users] UDP Buffer Size / OpenSER / Linux

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Tue Mar 25 11:53:35 CET 2008

Hi Klaus, Hi Carsten,

Setting a large buffer for the UDP socket will not solve the problem of
slow openser processing, but will solve the problem of temporary
overloads due a short traffic peek or due short openser blocking in an
synchronous op (like DNS or DB).  In such corner cases, the buffering in
the kernel socket will avoid message dropping.

Regards,
Bogdan