[OpenSER-Users] LCR Failover

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Sun Mar 23 08:50:14 CET 2008

Douglas Garstang writes:

 > I'd like to think I'm not stupid, but I've been dealing with OpenSER
 > for 2-3 years now and it still frustrates me just as much as it did
 > the very first time I looked at it.

douglas,

if you start like this, it does not encourage anyone to help you.

 > Can LCR do failover? I have this below. I can see that one of my
 > gateways is selected, seemingly at random, and then when it doesn't
 > reply (because I used a bogus IP), it doesn't time-out after 3s and
 > go to the next gw. Is this possible? How do I do it?

 > Btw... can anyone recommend a book on OpenSER, since the
 > documentation is so lacking?

here you cannot blame documentation, but yourself.  you clearly are
lacking any willingness to read existing openser documentation.

 > modparam("tm", "fr_inv_timer_avp", "$avp(i:705)")

 > route{
 >
 >     $avp(i:705) = "3";

tm module README has:

     * fr_timer - this timer is used when no response was received
       yet. If there is no response after fr_timer seconds the
       timer triggers (and failure route will be executed if
       t_on_failure() was called). If a provisional response was
       received, the timer is set to fr_inv_timer for INVITE
       transactions, and RT_T2 for all other transactions. If a
       final reponse is received, the transaction has finished.
     * fr_inv_timer - this timer is used when a provisional
       reponse was received for an INVITE transaction.

if you had read it, you would not have used wrong timer variable.

-- juha