[OpenSER-Users] About TLS

Ali Jawad ali.jawad at splendor.net
Tue Mar 18 15:39:48 CET 2008

Hey All

I am trying to setup TLS to use on my openser server this setup allows
me to sign in

/* uncomment the following lines to enable TLS support  (default off) */

#disable_tls = yes

disable_tls = no

listen = tls:xx.xx.xx.xx:443

tls_verify_server = 1

tls_verify_client = 1

tls_require_client_certificate = 0

tls_method = TLSv1

tls_certificate = "/usr/local/etc/openser/tls/user/user-cert.pem"

tls_private_key = "/usr/local/etc/openser/tls/user/user-privkey.pem"

tls_ca_list = "/usr/local/etc/openser/tls/user/user-calist.pem"

/* uncomment and configure the following line if you want openser to

   bind on a specific interface/port/proto (default bind on all
available) */

listen=udp:xx.xx.xx.xx:5060

However removing listen=udp:xx.xx.xx.xx:5060 blocks me from signing in
at all.

I have checked with the first configuration that I sign in to port 443,
however even if I am able to sign in using port 443 I can make calls I
always get time out errors from my openser server. It works fine if I
disable tls and only use UDP.

Any hints ?

Thx