[OpenSER-Users] new CDRTool release 6.3.0

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Mar 13 22:51:15 CET 2008

El Jueves, 13 de Marzo de 2008, Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana escribió:
> El Thursday 13 March 2008 11:28:52 Geir O. Jensen escribió:
> > Hi. This looks very interesting for us... but at the same time utterly
> > confusing.
>
> [...]
>
> > From there the install.txt delves deeply into RADIUS config (we're not
> > using radius...)
>
> I think you misunderstood  what CDRTool does, because if you don't use
> radius, you will not be able to use CDRTool, because it is deeply related
> to an scenario in which a RADIUS server is the core of it.

Hi, you don't need at al Radius to have CDRTool running:

- MediaProxy does accounting (to store media info, to make fix calls with no
BYE after RTP end...). Media proxy can store data via MySQL or via Radius.

- In case of OpenSer, CDRTool expects to get CDR data from the "radacct" table
so OpenSer should fill that table using Radius (as "acc" module does when
using Radius) but you can also use "acc" DB and storing data into radacct
table by configuring "acc,db-extra" parameters.

- In fact, CDRTool can work with Asterisk CDR table, and of course Asterisk
has not CDR Radius support at all.

In conclusion, CDRTool just need to load CDR data from a DB table (radacct
table, asteriskcdr table, custom table...).

Best regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo