[OpenSER-Users] Presence modules crash my server ...

G.O. Jensen me at gojensen.no
Sat Mar 8 16:22:08 CET 2008

So, once again I tried to get presence to work... the result being OpenSER
crashes immediately when I try to do an INVITE.

r[HANDLE_PRESENCE] Subscribe - (158.38.38.115)
sip:gojensen at test-sip.uninett.no SUBSCRIBE sip:57122 at test-sip.uninett.no
(ID=3c2688d10849-w1mwr2kl7l8n)
ERROR:presence:handle_subscribe: Missing or unsupported event header field
value
ERROR:presence:handle_subscribe: ^Ievent= dialog
INFO:core:handle_sigs: child process 22386 exited by a signal 11
INFO:core:handle_sigs: core was generated
INFO:core:handle_sigs: terminating due to SIGCHLD
INFO:core:sig_usr: signal 15 received
INFO:core:sig_usr: signal 15 received
INFO:core:sig_usr: signal 15 received
INFO:core:sig_usr: signal 15 received
INFO:core:sig_usr: signal 15 received
INFO:core:sig_usr: signal 15 received
INFO:core:sig_usr: signal 15 received
INFO:core:sig_usr: signal 15 received
INFO:core:sig_usr: signal 15 received
NOTICE:presence:destroy: destroy module ...

My route script looks like this for this part;
        sl_send_reply("100","Trying");
        if (is_method("PUBLISH")) {
                handle_publish();
                t_release();
        } else if (is_method("SUBSCRIBE")) {
                xlog("L_INFO","r[HANDLE_PRESENCE] Subscribe - ($si) $fu $rm
$ru (ID=$ci)");
                handle_subscribe();
                t_release();
        } else if  ((is_method("OPTIONS")) && (!uri=~"sip:.*[@]+.*")) {
                options_reply();
        };

As you can see it crashes upon trying to do a handle_subscribe()

I'm currently running openser-1.3.x-svn-20080307-141101.tgz	which was
the latest yesterday when I tried it...
I've taken care of the core file but my debugging skills are limited to
c'n'p logs and doing what I'm told...

The phone in question is a SNOM320 which sends subscribes to every number it
dials... presumably for some presence stuff.

- gojensen / UNINETT