[OpenSER-Users] Problem in Installing OpenSER-1.3.x

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Thu Mar 6 10:14:44 CET 2008

On Tuesday 04 March 2008, srinivas.banda at wipro.com wrote:
> [..]
> I am new to OpenSER, I want to install OpenSER on my Redhat Linux
> machine.
>
> I had downloaded OpenSER latest1.3.x.
> I have some doubts regarding installation of openser
>
> 1. is mysql is to be installed before installing openser??
> 2. I had installed openser1.3.x with installation procedure given in the
> openser.org, ( I did make all)
> 3. if it is mandatory to have mysql running before installing openser1.3
> please tell where can I get mysql compatible for redhat linux??
> 4. if any body have complete step by step installation procedure and
> what are all pre required software is to be installed plz give me
> suggestion.

Hi Srinivas,

you need to install some compile time dependencies before compiling the server
if you want to use a database, e.g. libmysqlclient and such. Its not
necessary to have a running database installation for compilation and basic
installation steps. Please take a look into the documentation of the redhat
linux, how to install new packages. It should be possible to install the
necessary mysql libs and development packages through the redhat package
management.

You find more up to date installation instructions (for installing from the
svn, but they also apply mostly for building from tar.gz) in the wiki at:

http://www.openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/install:openser-from-svn

Cheers,

Henning