[Serusers] reply to port 5060

Jan Andres jan.andres at freenet-ag.de
Wed Jun 18 14:48:09 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 09:46:39PM +0300, David Lubarski wrote:
> and In order to answer the client i have to reply only to port 5060
> because they are not allowing any other ports through the FW.

While I don't quite understand the purpose of this restriction, it may
well be that Checkpoint does have it. As I said I don't know
Checkpoint...

If so, anyway, you should configure your client to send its requests _from_
port 5060 then. Then SER will of course reply to port 5060, too. I don't see
any other solution that could work, if Checkpoints really works the way you
describe.

Besides, I should have checked in depth before stating that it's
possible in SER to override the port for the reply. It's not. You can
override the port for requests, but not for replies. (And I guess this is
so for a good reason.:-)

Regards,
Jan
--