[Serusers] serctl in 2.0 rc1 appears to be obsolete

x-ser at sidell.org x-ser at sidell.org
Sat Jun 14 01:18:05 CEST 2008

Using the serctl that came with 2.0 rc1, I tried to add a user:

    serctl add foo at directra.com asdf foo at bar

and got these errors:

   ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table 'ser.subscriber' doesn't exist
   error: 500 Command 'ul_show_contact' not found

Browsing through the ser database, I see that there no longer is a
ser.subscriber table, which explains the first error.

The second error seems to indicate that the ul_show_contact command
that serctl tried to send to ser is also obsolete.

Does the 2.0 rc1 serctl work at all?  (FWIW, the docs in ser.cfg refer
alternatively to "serctl" and ser_ctl".  Interesting...)

Given that there is no longer a ser.subscriber database, how does one
add a subscriber?

If one were willing to poke values directly into the ser database
tables, is there any documentation available for them?

Finally, am I on a fool's errand trying to use 2.0 rc1?  If so, would
you all recommend going back to 0.9 or trying to use the latest stuff
in cvs?

--
Mark Sidell
Partner